Blog Archive

Friday, March 23, 2012

Week 1 of Koralyn's Spring Break - the Farm

WOW... I have absolutely NO excuses why I have not been keeping this up. But, guess I need to start somewhere!!!

Koralyn has two weeks off for Spring Break. I know, right? I remember maybe getting one week off! Plus she will have a few days off around Easter, too. Lucky gal! Her dad was in Florida for the first week. Unfortunately I didn't get the option to have Koralyn for the full week, but she got to spend some time with Nana and Papa, and last night/today she is with her Grandpa Gary. I am happy she can spend time with all her grandparents, but of course wish she could be with me all the time!

We went to the farm last weekend. Koralyn and I went searching in the woods for antlers. Darren and I are trying to collect enough to do...well...something cool with them when the basement gets finished. I found some at a garage sale last summer but it wasn't enough. I was hopeful but doubtful we would find anything, and we didn't. However I had a lot of fun walking about the woods with Koralyn. Our journey started a little rough when I saw a snake, which made Koralyn very reluctant to continue walking on the ground. But she did for about 45 minutes until the shadiness of the woods spooked her enough that she wanted to go back. But we talked about random things and just enjoyed the trek through the woods together.

I ended up calling Darren to find out what deer poo looks like. Me being the Davy Crockett type figured I could "track" the antlers by following the scrapings on the tress and the poo on the ground. Koralyn found it quite facinating every time she saw a pile of those little rabbit-like dots on the ground. Guess she shared my "Crockett Theory" on finding the antlers :) I also had to ask Darren about golfball size brown blobs we kept finding, only to conclude they were walnuts (or maybe mushrooms but I'm going with walnuts). I didn't figure this out on my own because I certainly wasn't going to step on one. However once Darren told us, I did step on one and sure enough, it was hard inside. Even I learned something new that day!!!

Me being me, I brought my camera and decided to try and get a few cute candids of Koralyn. She absolutely loves the tire swings, and no tire swing "swing" would be complete without Grandpa John!









She seems to be going through a phase where she isn't too sure how to smile, and gets frustrated because it often looks forced. However I have a beautiful little girl and simply cannot take a "bad" picture of her!













My parents sold their house in Buffalo (closing April 30th) and will be building at the farm. I am SO excited for them (but selfishly will miss them being five minutes away). They have talked about building at the farm since my grandparents passed away (miss you guys!!!) and now they are finally doing it! I cannot wait for Koralyn to start her own memories at the farm. Wait, let me rephrase, since she has a lot of memories already there...I remember going to the farm to visit my grandpa and grandma. Week long stays, overnight weekends...now Koralyn will have a NEW set of memories visiting HER grandparents on the farm. Now if only we could get Grandpa John to start running a tractor...he he.



Grandma Linda took some time to explain to Koralyn where the new house will be. It is hard for me to imagine it, not because it doesn't seem right but because I am just really bad at seeing things for what they could be, seeing beyond what is already there. And I still see all the old buildings where they used to be. Brings a tear to my eye every time I think about the past that is buried but excited at the new chapter starting in our lives!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.