Blog Archive

Saturday, April 23, 2011

April 3rd - Grand Slam

Katie and I took the kids to Grand Slam in Coon Rapids. I would like to start by saying there are a lot of activites for kids; however it reminded me a bit of somewhere like Chuck E. Cheese, due to the sort-of "unclean" atmosphere...but back to the task at hand.

Earlier in the day, Koralyn decided she wanted to play beauty salon, so Mom got a free blow dry. She only hit my head once with the hairdryer, which is better than I do...


So back to Grand Slam ~ they have an area with big blow-up jumper things, and that's where we started. The kids had a blast jumping and going down the slides. At one point Koralyn came over crying, because a bigger kid bumped into her and she hurt her hand. It only took the employee about five minutes to bring ice, which of course by that point, the trauma was over and the sore hand forgotten.






The kids played a bunch of games in the arcade, and Koralyn ended up with a ton of tickets. She had a hard time choosing what "prize" to get ~ she got Smarties, which she shared with Lily and Jack, and also chose a ring for herself, Lily and Jack. What a great sharer she is...some more treats and a pink rubber lizard (which is now a pet of Barbie) came home with us.

Mini golf was up next. It was hard to get the kids to remember they needed to wait until the group ahead of them was done before giving their ball a good whack. I don't think anyone kept official score, but it was fun watching then putt the ball around. Plus it gave Katie and I a chance to get caught up on what's going on with each other, brag and complain (I say that lightly) about our kids.




And yes, I did the french braids in Koralyn's hair. That was phase two of beauty salon ~ Mom got to practice her braiding skills by doing "piggie french braids" as Koral likes to call them. Funny thing is I learned how to french braid on my barbie doll. Clearly my fingers were much smaller back then. There is very little I can do with Barbie's hair anymore, but that happens to be the one thing I do RIGHT when K and I play Barbies...I'm the proud owner of a beauty salon where anywhere from 5-10 Barbies patiently wait to get their hair done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.