Blog Archive

Sunday, April 10, 2011

April 2nd - Rainbow Party

Let me first clarify what kind of rainbow party this was, because, as I learned, there are many, non-child appropriate rainbow parties. Without being too explicit, there is one involving women wearing lipstick and men (I'll let you figure out the rest). Another involves prideful acceptance of same-gender relations among a son, daughter, or other family member. There's another that supposedly involves lots of adults doing lots of stuff (again, I'll let you figure out the rest). THIS rainbow party, however, was cupcake-based, and hosted by next door neighbor Andrea.

I'll get to the actual rainbow part further down, but let me start by saying I give Andrea a LOT of credit for hosting a party for around 15 toddlers, along with their mom's. It was so much fun, but I really don't think you could PAY me to do something like that. I digress...the kids mostly played when we first arrived. Koralyn and Lili (Andrea's daughter) hadn't seen each other much this winter, but quickly grabbed hands and ran downstairs.


They played together for a bit, but once the other kids started showing up, Koralyn lost track of Lili and decided to go into Lili's room, pull out some toys, and play!!!




The kids (and adults) ate, and then it was time for the crafts!!! Table 1 was set up with pretzels, marshmallows, and mini-marshmallows. The objective was to make a person out of all three, which Koralyn did.



HOWEVER, most kids ended up just eating the marshmallows, as Will (Andrea's son)kindly demonstrated for me. Actually, none of the kids hid the fact they were too busy eating the marshmallows to make anything out of them...





Another table was set up with arts and crafts, where the kids could draw, color and use stickers to create masterpieces.




There was another table to make fruit loop necklaces...I think that one is self-explanatory.



Finally it came time to decorate the cupcakes ~ as promised, the RAINBOW portion of the party. Andrea had pre-made the cake part, and the kids had several colors of frosting, along with M&Ms and Skittles. Koralyn had a lot of fun decorating, but even more fun, eating her cupcake.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.