Blog Archive

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Good Deeds At Providence

On March 11th, I left work early and met Koralyn at Providence at 3:30. They were organizing projects to help the less fortunate. I wanted Koralyn to understand what it's like to do good deeds for people you will never meet, and quite honestly, I needed the reminder, too.



There were several tables set up, and each one had a fun project we did. I reminded Koralyn why we were doing this, and I hope she understood it was more than "fun". She's a pretty bright girl, so I'm sure she did.

We tied a blanket for kitties at the Humane Society. She was very excited about this project and by the end of the project, she was tieing them herself! Koralyn hasn't learned to tie her shoes yet, despite her numerous attempts and practice. However she got the hang of it and did a fantastic job.



Another table let the kids put together an art kit and play-dough packages for less-fortunate artists.





We all decorated tiles, writing "thank you" on them. I think this was my favorite part, mainly because it really didn't matter what you colored on it; each one was wonderfully unique, and it was amazing to see all the different designs and messages created by the kids.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.