We awoke to a concert of gunshots, which got Darren out of bed and off duck hunting. Yup ~ first shot right in the head ~ got one!
We worked on his stand and figured out where my blind will go, and did some target shooting. I was 5/10, and learned I do a lot better if I have something to stabilize myself against. My shots were pretty right-on (or I completely missed). And yes, my shoulder is starting to hurt...10 rounds is a lot to shoot. Hopefully I'll just have one more shot this year!
There is definitely a "noisy peacefulness" out there. Just listening to nature's soundtrack, whether evening or morning, is quite humbling. Reminds me sometimes the most important things in life are those we witness on a regular basis, but are too blind to see, too deaf to hear, and too busy and consumed to notice.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.