Blog Archive

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Not ready to be good...

So last night koralyn's conversation of choice, to avoid having to go to sleep, was about Santa. How can he see me? How does he know all the kids? How does he know where everyone lives?

She was excited because Santa delivers presents to Daddy's house on Christmas Eve and Grandmpa & Grandma's house on Christmas Day. She wanted a present at Darren's, too, and I told her she would have to be extra good, then. When she asked why, I told her because Santa usually brings presents to one house for good kids, but she wants him to stop three times for her. She looked at me and said, "Gee, Mom. I'm not too sure about all this being good stuff."

Koralyn would like to go to the North Pole, but reminded me I would need to bring her jacket because it's probably pretty cold there.

I told her about Darren and I getting married, and she immediately said "I don't want to get married!" I told her it was between me and Darren, and wasn't going to happen anytime soon, but we would eventually be able to move in with him. She wasn't too happy about that, either, and said "I want our house to be our house, not Darren's house!"

I smoothed things over when I told her she'd be able to pick out which bedroom she wanted, paint the walls whatever color she wanted, etc.

Koralyn then decided to call Darren. Here was the conversation I heard (from Koralyn):

Darren? I am really excited for you and mommy to get married.

And I get to pick out my own room, and paint the walls whatever color I want!

You will paint something on my wall for me? OK, then it has to be pretty things, like hearts, and streamers, and suns...

And suns, and flower, and braclets and necklaces...Darren, will you member (k's way of saying "remember") when we move in all the pretty things i want on my wall?

OK, bye...love you...bye.

About 30 seconds later I get a text message from Darren: "that was awesome!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.